Step #3, Yes
Send an exemption request.
By answering "yes" you may be eligible for an exemption. To have the potential exemtion reviewed, email or mail a written request with documentation to ask the Board to approve the exemption.
After submitting a request for exemption the Board will review your request and may ask follow-up questions. After the Board's determination the OBPVS staff will contact you if the Board has or has not granted the exemption.
What do I need to provide for an exemption request?
The written request for exemption should include the following, at a minimum:
- Identity of the entity making the offering of a program and the entity’s owner, if different.
- Website(s) of the entity and owner
- Narrative description of offering, any fees, and the targeted training participants or “students”
- Who would pay the entity for training
- The specific exemption category the entity believes it meets in accordance with Title 70 O.S. §21-101.1; and
- A copy of an existing brochure or the proposed offering materials that describe the training and its eligible participants.
Contact for Submitting a Request
You may send your documentation to the OBPVS using mail or by email.
3700 N.W. Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Back to previous screen
Back to beginning of wizard