You are here

Licensed Schools

List of Licensed Private Vocational Schools


A packet is available to download which includes all forms required, instructions and optional forms to renew a license. Individual forms are also available.

OBPVS Public Schools List, FINAL on 01222020.pdf

OBPVS Public Schools List, FINAL on 01222020.xlsx


Re-licensing School/Seminar Forms

Relicensing packets below for school or seminar include all necessary forms that are listed individually below.

Form # Form Title
- Relicensing School Packet
- Relicensing Seminar Packet
1080CM Relicense Application, Checklists, and Instructions 
1100CM Course Information Form 
1130CM List of Current Instructors
1155CM Supplemental Information - Felony Record 
1160CM Private School Surety Bond*
1180CM Application for Private Solicitor License  
1190CM Citizenship/Qualified Alien Affidavits 
1230CM Changed Instructional Equipment List**
1380CM Compilation Attestation***

*A Surety Company, if applicable, may submit a Bond Continuance or Rider, in lieu of submitting a brand new, original Surety Bond each year.
**For items valued at $500, or more.
***Compilation Financial Statements use only; not required for Reviews or Audits

Mid-Year Licensed School Forms

While relicensing is due for all schools and Seminars on June 1st each year, mid-year changes happen at any other time of the year and are made at the discretion of the school or Seminar. Frequent examples include:

  • Changes of key personnel such as: 
    • Adding Instructors or Solicitors, or
    • Replacing the Director or Authorized Administrative Official
    • Changing an Instructor's Class Assignments.
  • Seeking advance approval for: 
    • School Catalog or school enrollment agreement changes
    • Seminar Brochure or Seminar Registration Form changes.
  • For a School to add or change a Program submit: 
    • A Catalog Change, and
    • The Course Outline (Form 1280Cor a substantially similar form).
    • Plus, the Enrollment Agreement may also need to be changed if the School uses a fully pre-printed Agreement instead of a fill-in the blank version.
Form # Form Title
1100CM Course Information Form 
1140CM Instructor Qualification Record/Application 
1145CM Instructor Assignments, Additions/Deletions 
1150CM Director/AAO Qualifications/Application 
1155CM Supplemental Information - Felony Record 
1180CM Application for Private Solicitor License
1190CM Citizenship/Qualified Alien Affidavits 
1210C Catalog Checklist 
1220C Enrollment Agreement Checklist 
1280CM Course Outline Hours 
1410CM Closed School Student Records

Fee Schedule

All fees are authorized by Title 70 O.S. §21-106, unless otherwise indicated:

Fee $ Amount
Hard-Copy New School/Branch Application Packet $25
New Main School Application & License Fee $1200
New School Solicitor Fee, per Person $200
New Branch School Application & License Fee $300
Main School or Branch Annual Renewal Fee
(based on annual tuition collection level)
Solicitor Renewal, per Person or
Fee for a New Solicitor after the school is issued its original license
Review Fee for a School Catalog and/or Catalog Addendum(s), per Location $50
Change of Location Fee $25
Returned Check or Other Payment TBD
Annual Training Workshop/Webinar Fee, per School Registrant $100
Late Fees for Relicensing submitted after June 1st
(based on # of historical violations w/in 10 year period)
Copy Charge per Title 51 O.S. §24A.,5,(3)per Page $0.25

*After the 3rd violation the school must re-apply as if a brand new school/branch.

Tuition Collection Level Fee Amounts (Annual Renewal) 

Tuition Collection Level $ Fee Amount
$0 - $50K $700
>$50K - $250K $800
>$250K - $500K $950
>$500K - $1M $1100
>$1M - $3M $1300
> $3M $1500

Licensed Schools FAQs

  1. What is the Licensing Year?
    An OBPVS license is valid for one year running from July 1 to June 30th. However, by State law found at Title 75 O.S. §314, when a school's relicensing application is filed on-time, then the existing license remains valid until the OBPVS acts on (makes a final determination about) the renewal application.

  2. Relicensing Questions
    1. How often is relicensing required?
    2. When is a relicensing application due?
      Every year BY June 1st, unless June 1st falls on a weekend, then the due date is the NEXT business day.
    3. The school was first/originally licensed after the last July 1st. Do we still need to submit a Relicensing Application and Fee(s) by the next June 1st?

  3. How do I (or the new Owner) apply to transfer a school's license?No one may transfer ownership of a license. Under Title 70 O.S. §21-108 and Rule OAC 565:10-1-4. Both are available as Form 1330CM and Form 1390CM, respectively.

  4. Mandatory Training Questions
    1. When does the mandatory annual training take place?
      Live workshops usually occur in late March, while webinars are scheduled in April.
    2. When will I receive notice of a Year's Training Calendar?
      The OBPVS will post the training Schedule on the Announcements page, LICENSED SCHOOLS section, send-out mass emails, or give notice via regular USPS mail.
    3. What if I cannot attend one of the multiple training events?
      The Board will assess a fine to the school, plus a school representative will have to view a recorded training session and pass a test.
    4. What's the alternative to a fine?
      If an individual's attendance does not look possible, the school may contact the OBPVS staff to find out if another person is eligible to attend.
    5. The school is a member of a group. Does each school within the group have to have a representative attend the mandatory training?
      No. However, when the future attendee registers with the OBPVS, he or she needs to list each school that he/she will represent.

  5. Changes - After the original license is issued, do changes have to be submitted?
    Yes, and often the changes will need to be submitted for advance approval by the OBPVS.

  6. What changes have to be submitted and when?
    1. School Catalog - Preferably at least 30 days, in advance of use, longer if possible submit the Catalog draft, a brief narrative, and the Form 1210C.
    2. Seminar Brochure - At least 30 days, in advance of use, if possible, submit the Brochure draft.
    3. School Enrollment Agreement ("EA") - At least 30 days, in advance of use, if possible, submit the EA draft, a brief narrative for complex changes, and the OBPVS-Form-1220C.pdf.
    4. Seminar Registration Form - At least 30 days, in advance of use, if possible, submit the draft.
    5. Change of Location - At least 30 days in advance of the move (except when not possible due to inaccessibility or destruction of the current location), submit all possible documents (Insurance ACORD, Occupancy Certificate and/or Fire Marshal Inspection – depending on the local Fire Code), a revised Catalog including the Form 1210C (as described above) and a revised Enrollment Agreement including the Form 1220C.
    6. New Instructor - Within 30 days after hire. Submit Form 1140CM, Form 1145CM (Column A) and Form 1155CM, together with all supporting documentation required by the Qualification type(s) marked on the Form 1140CM.
    7. Changing an Instructor's Class Assignment(s) - Within 30 days after change. Use Form 1145CM (Column B).
    8. Changing the School Director [Campus Director, often called an Executive Director] - Within 30 days after hire, submit the Form 1150CM and Form 1155CM together with all supporting documentation required by the Qualification type(s) marked on the Form 1150CM.
    9. Changing the School's Authorized Administrative Official ("AAO") - Within 30 days after hire. Use Form 1150CM and Form 1155CM together with all supporting documentation required by the Qualification type(s) marked on the Form 1150CM.
    10. Adding a Solicitor:
      1. Must be approved by the OBPVS before the Solicitor engages in marketing for the school.
      2. Use Form 1280CM, 1290CM and Form 1155CM. Plus provide (2) small passport size photos sized at about 1 x 1 inches.
      3. Are Digital Photos accepted?
        Yes, if printed on paper that will not "melt" during the lamination process for the License card.
    11. When the employment ends for an AAO, Director, or Instructor - Notify the OBPVS in writing (an email is fine) within 30 days after the employment end date.
    12. When a Solicitor's employment ends - Notify the OBPVS in writing (an email is fine) and ALSO return unexpired License Cards if the school was able to have the wallet-sized card returned by the Solicitor.
    13. Changing Insurance Carriers for the mandatory Liability Coverage - Submit a new Insurance ACORD or Certificate of Insurance BEFORE the existing coverage expires, or is cancelled. Or, ask the carrier to send the ACORD/Certificate to the OBPVS on the school's behalf.
    14. Changing Insurance Carriers for a Surety Bond - Submit a replacement Form 1160CM from the new Insurer before the existing Bond is surrendered for cancellation. You are invited to call or email the OBPVS to plan the banking change.
    15. Changing the Bank, Savings & Loan, or Credit Union that holds the School's Certificate of Deposit (C.D.) - The OBPVS has to give permission for release of the original C.D. Please call or email the OBPVS as early as possible to obtain assistance to plan the banking change.

  7. Does the OBPVS accept electronic/email submissions of changes to Catalogs, EAs, and Seminar Brochures or Registration Forms?
    Yes, when the school's receipt of the OBPVS approval is time-sensitive. For example, when the school is re-certifying with the U.S. Department of Education, applying to the State Accrediting Agency for veterans funding, or has approval pending with an independent accrediting organization.

  8. When are hard copies better?
    When the school is applying for approval in ample time and will accompany the change submission with the required Catalog review fee payment. That is, if already mailing the payment, then enclose the Catalog draft, brief narrative, and Form 1210C.

  9. Is there any difference in the OBPVS' approval of items submitted for review electronically or in hard copy?
    Only that for Catalogs, the initial approval will be electronic in the body of an email and without listing the approved Program details. After payment is received, the formal approval letter providing Program details will be generated.

  10. Does Oklahoma recognize non-substantive changes?
    No. Some states do, Oklahoma does not. That means documents requiring OBPVS approval, have to be submitted in advance of the change except for personnel changes. For Instructors, AAOs, and Directors changes are allowed to be submitted within (30) days after hire, or after the end of employment, termination. Solicitors no longer working for the School must also be reported to the OBPVS within 30-days after the end of employment.

  11. What are the Fees?
    The OBPVS Fees are set by Statute. Refer to either the Form 1330CM, Title 70 O.S. §106, or the Fee Schedule section on this page.

  12. School Personnel Matters
    1. Does the OBPVS accept electronic/email submissions?
    2. Will the OBPVS accept scans or .pdf files of Personnel Qualification Forms?
      Yes, as long as the Form(s) are signed, a Notary (if applicable) uses an Ink Stamp instead of an Embossed Stamp, and the document is legible when received by the OBPVS.
    3. The Forms 1140CM and 1150CM may require a Transcript to be submitted to demonstrate a School Employee's academic qualifications. Do Transcripts need to be originals (official copies)?
      The OBPVS accepts unofficial and copied Transcripts. An Official Transcript is only required when the OBPVS specifically corresponds that one is needed.
    4. How do I know what the Qualifications are to be approved to be an AAO, [Campus Executive] Director, Instructor, or Solicitor?
      See the Rules at OAC 565:11-1 or study the narratives adjacent to the Qualification Check Boxes on Form 1140CM (Instructor), Form 1150CM (AAO or Director), or Form 1280C (Solicitor). All forms are available on the forms page.
    5. The Forms 1140CM and 1150CM list multiple types of Qualifications. Does an applicant to be an Instructor or AAO/Director have to meet ALL of the Qualifications?
      No! Generally one "type" of Qualification will work. If an applicant meets multiple standards, check more than one box. But, usually meeting one type of qualification is sufficient.
    6. What documentation must accompany Forms 1140CM or 1150CM?
      That depends on the "qualification" type/standard.
      1. Academic - Submit a Transcript copy.
      2. Work Experience - Fully and completely fill out the "employment portion" of the Form and/or submit a Resume'.
      3. National or State License - Submit proof of it.
      4. National Certification - Submit a copy of the certification or download verification of certification from the website of the National organization. A completion certificate from a private vocations school does not constitute national certification.
    7. Describe an "other qualification".
      These must be individually approved by the OBPVS Board. Please do NOT check this box if another, standard qualification applies. To be approved, the "other" qualification would need to be something that is comparable to a required qualification type. Its purpose is to provide sufficient background to allow him/her to perform the role's official duties.
    8. What are the differences between an Authorized Administrative Official ("AAO") and a Director?
      1. The Director serves as the on-campus primary contact for the OBPVS during site visits.
      2. Except on-site, the AAO serves as the primary contact (the one that the OBPVS sends all correspondence to). The official, designated by the school, has the sole authority to represent the school and act on its behalf with the OBPVS. That's why some Forms require signature by the AAO.
    9. May the AAO and the Director be the same person?
    10. Do the Director and AAO have to be the same person?
      No. Often the OBPVS sees an AAO being designated by a school who offices out-of-state and works in a department such as "Compliance," or "Accreditation and [State] Licensing." The AAO will typically be expert in what to report and how to respond to inquiries from Agencies like the OBPVS.
    11. Does the Owner(s) have to serve as the Director or AAO?
      No. The Director and AAO positions need to be filled by a person(s) who have the time to dedicate to the performance of those respective duties. For more information refer to the position requirements in OBPVS Rules as OAC 565:10-11-1.
    12. The OBPVS Rules mention that the Director must be a person who is familiar with educational administration including, "the development of curriculum capable of preparing students for specific job entry levels." Are there any exceptions?
      Yes. When curriculum is set nationally either by a national Director/V.P. of Education or provided by a Vendor for certification (such as computer certifications like Microsoft® or CISCO®) the Director's role in curriculum-setting is minimized or fully eliminated. However, the school should submit that information to the OBPVS for an initial staff review then ultimate Board approval as an, "other qualification."
    13. I see that Oklahoma requires Personnel Qualifications to be filed for Instructors, AAOs, and Directors. What about other School Officials?
      When a change occurs for example with the Directors (or V.P.s) of Career Services, Education, Financial Aid, or other support departments, the School is not required to submit those changes to the OBPVS and does not have to secure OBPVS approval.
    14. Will the OBPVS tell me the status of a Solicitor license Approval or Renewal?
      Yes. Just call us.
    15. Does everything get submitted during relicensing (What is midyear relicensing)?
      No. While relicensing is due for all Schools and Seminars on June 1st each year, mid-year changes happen at any other time of the year and are made at the discretion of the School or Seminar. Frequent examples include changes of key personnel such as adding Instructors or Solicitors, or replacing the Director or Authorized Administrative Official. The next most frequent mid-year changes are submitted to the OBPVS for advance approval of School Catalog or School Enrollment Agreement changes or Seminar Brochure or Seminar Registration Form changes. When a School adds or changes a Program, a Catalog Change is required and the Enrollment Agreement may need to be changed if the School uses a fully pre-printed Form that lists the existing Programs. In mid-year, with a Program addition or change, an Outline of Course Hours Form 1280C (or the School's substantially similar form) is also required to be submitted.

Useful Resources

These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools (OBPVS) of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual.  The OBPVS bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links.  Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.



U.S. Department of Education

U.S. Financial Aid

U.S. Department of Education Recognized Accreditors

U.S. Department of Labor 2018 SOC Code Information

U.S. Department of Labor 2000 SOC Code Information



State Department of Education (Grades K to 12)

Department of Career & Technology Education (Public Technology Centers, Vo-Techs)

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education

State Approving Agency (Veteran Funding Approval)

Oklahoma Accountancy Board 
Useful to check for CPA Licenses and Permits to Practice

Oklahoma Board of Nursing

Oklahoma Department of Commerce 

Oklahoma Works

Oklahoma Workforce Data

Oklahoma Governor's Council

Local WIOA Boards

Oklahoma Legislature 
Search Legislators or currently pending Oklahoma House of Representative or Senate Bills

Oklahoma State Courts Network (use the Legal Research Tab)
Research Oklahoma Statutes

Oklahoma Secretary of State 
Use the Administrative Rules Tab to research Rules and use the Open Meetings Tab to research Board Schedules

Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitative Services 
Possible funding source for some students' training 

OK Job Match by the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission